Apple has released it’s newest set of beta updates for it’s suite of products, iOS 5 Beta 4, Xcode 4.2 Developer Preview, and now iTunes 10.5 Beta 4. The newest version of iTunes does not include any feature enhancements, and only includes some bug fixes. The newest version of iOS can only be restored using the new iTunes Beta, and will sync with only the new Beta. Here are the release notes below:
- The version of iTunes that comes with beta 4 cannot sync devices that have the beta 2 software installed. To avoid this problem, do the following:
- Sync any devices that have beta 3 installed to the version of iTunes that came with beta 4.
- Upgrade iTunes to the version that comes with beta 4.
- Connect the device and install the beta 4 software. (Understand that you might see a failure to sync error when you first connect the device.)
- After installing the beta 4 software, restore from your the backup you made in step 1.
- Videos purchased from the iTunes Store do not play on a 2nd generation AppleTV over AirPlay with iTunes 10.5.