The jailbreak for iPhone OS 3.1.3/iPad 3.2 is finally here. Spirit is an untethered jailbreak for iPhone with OS 3.1.2/3.1.3, iPad OS 3.2 and iPod Touch 3.1.2/3.1.3. It’s as easy to use as blackra1n. Keep in mind, though, Spirit will not unlock your iPhone. If you use a hacktivated iPhone, you are still better off with not upgrading to OS 3.1.3 until there’s an unlock for 05.12.01 baseband.
Spirit jailbreak is available for both Windows and Mac and is really simple to use.
Here’s the official description of Spirit from their website:
- Spirit is an untethered jailbreak for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch on the latest firmwares.
- Spirit is not a carrier unlock.
- If you currently are using a tethered jailbreak, you have to restore to use Spirit. Do not upgrade if you use an unlock on an iPhone 3G or 3GS. (You can, however, restore to 3.1.2 if you have SHSH blobs for that version.)
- Any iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch on firmware 3.1.2, 3.1.3, or 3.2.
- An activated device: one not stuck on the Connect to iTunes or Emergency Call screen.
- Any version of iTunes 9 (including 9.1.1).
- Syncing with iTunes before trying this highly recommended.
We’ll have our jailbreak guides up for all devices shortly! Happy jailbreaking!
The guides are up:
- Jailbreak iPhone 3G/3GS with 3.1.3 or 3.1.2 with Spirit
- Jailbreak iPod Touch 2G/3G with OS 3.1.2/3.1.3 with Spirit (Untethered for all devices!)
- Jailbreak iPad OS 3.2 with Spirit
Also, check out: