greenpois0n RC5 was released earlier today as an untethered jailbreak for iOS 4.2.1 on iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 3G, iPod Touch 4G and iPad [. As with any first release of a jailbreak tool, this one has some bugs. An updated release, RC6 is expected to fix many of those, but in the meantime, we have prepared a little guide to answer your questions on how to fix the common issues that many people are facing with greenpois0n.
- Do a fresh install of iOS 4.2.1 before using greenpois0n. This will remove your previous tethered jailbreak ( if any ).
- There’s no unlock available yet for the new basebands and greenpois0n won’t preserve your baseband like PwnageTool. So unlockers, beware!
- Re-try greenpois0n again, except when you’ve entered DFU mode, don’t let go of the home button. (by iSurenix)
- TIP: Turn auto-sleep off, then launch Loader. (I had auto-sleep on and was 15% done, my iPhone went to sleep and now I have to start over) (by iSurenix)
- If your device doesn’t boot after jailbreaking, press and hold power and home buttons until it boots normally.
- Cydia not installing from Loader? Don’t panic. This is probably due to a large number of people trying to install Cydia together. Try again after a while.
- Cydia does not show? See above tip or try rebooting your device.
As we keep finding new fixes, we’ll keep adding them to this list. Or you can wait for greenpois0n RC6 which should hopefully be a smoother ride for all.
UPDATE: Our complete tutorial / guide is now available: How to use Greenpois0n RC5 To Untether Your Device On iOS 4.2.1.
Update 2: greenpois0n RC5_2 has been released with fix for stuck at Initialized Screen