sn0wbreeze 2.0 is out and as usual so are our guides on how to use it to jailbreak your iOS devices. This guide focuses on jailbreak iPhone 3G and 3GS (Old bootrom: Requires you to be already jailbroken. (If you are the old bootrom on Spirit or Jailbreakme use Spirit2Pwn on https://repo.woowiz.net/ New bootrom: Requires you to be on 3.1.2). We’re not responsible for any loss of data or device malfunctioning so follow this guide carefully.
Remember to back up your files using iTunes before starting this process.
- Download iTunes 10
- Download iOS 4.1 for your iPhone. Place it on your desktop for quick access.
- Download sn0wbreeze 2.0.1 and run it.
- Click next. Select expert mode. We are selecting expert mode because we want to be able to use multitasking and home screen backgrounds on iPhone 3G. Click next again.
- Click browse and select the iOS 4.1 firmware that you had downloaded for your iPhone.
- If the firmware was the correct version, you’ll see a confirmation below along with the iPhone model that you have.
- On the next screen, you’ll be presented with lots of options. Just click on General.
- This is where you get to select whether you want to enable background wallpapers, battery percentage or native multitasking for iPhone 3G. These features are disabled by default by Apple because they slow down iPhone 3G. If you have an iPhone 3GS, you won’t need to do anything here but hit next.
- Wait for sn0wbreeze to finish modifying your firmware. When it’s done you’ll be given a confirmation. It’ll append the name sn0wbreeze before the filename of the custom OS such as sn0wbreeze_iPhone 3G.
- Now we need to restore this custom firmware to the iPhone 3G/3GS. Connect your iPhone to your computer and launch iTunes. While holding down the shift button, click on restore.iTunes will ask for the firmware file. Just point it to the custom firmware you just build using sn0wbreeze 2.0 and sit back. iTunes will restore the OS to iPhone and when it finally restarts after the process is done, it’ll be jailbroken.
- To unlock your iPhone, follow our guide on how to install ultrasn0w 1.1-1 on iOS 4.1.
To fix and enable Push Notifications on iOS 4.1 for your iPhone, follow this guide.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask them in the comments. I’ll do my best to help you out!