Apple has just released iMovie for iPhone 4 in the App Store. iMovie is a video editor by Apple, exclusively made for the iPhone 4 (because it’s powerful enough to handle it). It was first announced at WWDC10.
iMovie costs $4.99 and weighs in at just 30.6 MB. It is the first app I’ve seen that makes movie editing on such a small screen look like a pleasant experience. Expect iMovie made videos to invade YouTube very soon!
Full list of features from the iTunes page:
Made for Multi-Touch.
• Tap to add or record video right into your project.
• Drag to trim the lengths of video clips and photos.
• Pinch to zoom the timeline and get a closer look.
• Slide to scrub through the video in your project.
Give it a theme.
• Choose from a selection of themes including Modern, Bright, Travel, Playful, and News.
• Each theme includes a matching set of titles and transitions – plus its own soundtrack.
• Instantly change themes or swap themed elements in your project.
• Titles and graphics automatically update with location data from your video.
Add music and photos.
• Select from included music that matches each iMovie theme, or select from your own song library.
• Enable ducking to automatically lower the volume of background music and highlight audio from video clips.
• Add photos from your own library, or take a picture and drop it into your project.
• Customize each photo with a unique “Ken Burns” panning effect.
Share your movie.
• Export your movie in one of three sizes: Medium, Large, or HD.
• Share your movie on the web in a MobileMe gallery or on YouTube.
• Send your movie to friends and family in an email or via an MMS message.
• Easily sync your movie back to your computer.
If you’ve been lucky enough to be using an iPhone 4 right now, go ahead and download the app!