As expected, Apple released iOS 4.0.1 ( 8A306) for iPhone 4, 3Gs and 3G. The update is available download via iTunes and according to its release notes, the update addresses signal reception issues. The signal strength indicator is now different than the previous versions as Apple blamed it for the reception issues.
According to rumors, iOS 4.01 is actually iOS 4.1 beta 1 which was released to developers on Wednesday. As reported previously, this update only increases the height of signal strength bars in iPhone 4 but doesn’t solve the actual problem. Apple will hold a press conference about iPhone 4 tomorrow and we will hear more about this issue from them.
Apart from this, Apple has also released iOS 3.2.1 for iPad in which it addresses some issues which are :
- Improved Wi-Fi connectivity
- Fixed an issue that could prevent copy and paste of single-page PDF attachments in Mail
- Addressed an issue that could cause video playback to freeze
- Improved reliability of video-out when using iPad Dock Connector to VGA Adapter
- Added Bing as an option for Safari’s search field
Here are the direct download links of iOS 4.0.1 and iOS 3.2.1 for iPad.
Do not update if you use an unlocked iPhone, since ultrasn0w isn’t yet compatible with iOS 4.01. If you’re using a jailbroken iPad, stay away from OS 3.2.1, as Spirit jailbreak doesn’t work with it as well.