Apple has just rolled out iOS 6.0.1 OTA update for all devices currently running iOS 6. The update has special focus on the latest iOS devices such as iPhone 5 and 5th generation iPod Touch and contains the following fixes
- Fixes a bug that prevents iPhone 5 from installing software updates wirelessly over the air
- Fixes a bug where horizontal lines may be displayed across the keyboard
- Fixes an issue that could cause camera flash to not go off
- Improves reliability of iPhone 5 and iPod touch (5th generation) when connected to encrypted WPA2 Wi-Fi networks
- Resolves an issue that prevents iPhone from using the cellular network in some instances
- Consolidated the Use Cellular Data switch for iTunes Match
- Fixes a Passcode Lock bug which sometimes allowed access to Passbook pass details from lock screen
iOS users on iPhone 5 are required to download an updater app (that’s new for an iOS device) which prepares the iPhone to download and install the software update.
If you haven’t gotten the OTA update yet on your iOS device, you can try connecting it to your computer, launching iTunes and checking for an update. Or you can download iOS 6.0.1 for your device from here.