Finally, the long wait is over! Absinthe 2.0 has just been released to the public and lets users jailbreak iOS 5.1.1 on all devices except iPad 2,4. Support for the iPad 2,4 is scheduled for a later date. Absinthe 2.0 is the result of yet another collaboration between the Chronic-Dev Team and the iPhone Dev team and supports only iOS 5.1.1 and is termed as the easiest untethered jailbreak to use.
Here’s the complete list of supported devices:
- iPad 1
- iPad 2 ( 2,4 not supported yet )
- iPad 3
- iPhone 3Gs
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 4S
- iPod Touch 3G
- iPod Touch 4G
Here’s how you can download and use Absinthe 2.0 to jailbreak iOS 5.1.1:
- Download Absinthe 2.0 for Windows, Mac or Linux
- Make sure you completely backup your data using iTunes
- Connect your iOS device to your computer and run Absinthe
- Click jailbreak ( no need to put your device into DFU mode! ) Do not disconnect your device during this process!
- Once the jailbreak process is complete, your data to your iOS device using the latest backup that you created in iTunes.
- You’re done!
This is a very simple method except for the part where you have to back up and restore your data using iTunes. But despite that, you don’t need to put your device into DFU mode anymore which is kind of a blessing.
Since this is a fresh release, there might be some bugs and issues. If we find any issues and their solutions, we would be sure to share them so stay tuned.
In case you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask them using the comments section below.