Absinthe A5 Jailbreak tool was earlier released for iPhone 4S and iPad 2 on iOS 5.0.1 but it was only for OS X. The windows app took at bit more time and it’s finally here. Follow our instructions and download links below to jailbreak your A5 iOS device.
- iPhone 4S ( iOS 5.0 and iOS 5.0.1)
- iPad 2 ( Wi-Fi only, CDMA and GSM supported. iOS 5.0.1 only )
Note: Back-up your data before you proceed. The jailbreak tool is new and could contain bugs. iTD won’t be responsible for any issues caused. In case of issues, follow our guide here. Also:
- Do NOT have a passcode set when jailbreaking.
- Do NOT have your own VPN setup when jailbreaking.
- Download the Absinthe A5 untethered jailbreak from the links below
- Unzip the file and run the tool.
- Select your iOS A5 mobile device ( either iPhone 4S or iPad 2) and that’s it!
- If you face any issues, check out our handy guide on fixing them here
If you’re on OS X, follow our guide here for instructions and download links to jailbreak your iOS device.
Once you have successfully jailbroken your iOS device, you can run Cydia, let it update and then download and install your favorite tweaks and apps. These can range from themes to system-wide modifications. You can even install Android like widgets, add alternative app switchers, custom gestures and much more.
Download Absinthe A5 Untethered Jailbreak for iPhone 4S and iPad 2 (Windows)
If you face any issues with Absinthe jailbreak, let us know your iOS device model and operating system in the comments below, along with the issue, and we will try our best to help you out.