Apple has blocked the PDF security flaw that allowed JailbreakMe to work which has effectively rendered it useless for those who updated to iOS 4.0.2. Luckily, redsn0w 0.9.5b5-5 can still jailbreak iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2G. If you have an iPhone 3G, follow our guide here on how to jailbreak it and unlock it using ultrasn0w.
For all iPod Touch 2G (non-MC models) owners, follow this guide:
- Download iOS 4.0.2 and iOS 4 for your iPod Touch. Place it on your desktop for easy access.
- Download redsn0w 0.9.5b5-5. It’s available for both Mac and Windows.
- Download and install iTunes 9.2.1 on your Mac or PC.
- Connect your iPod Touch to your computer and using iTunes, upgrade to iOS 4.0.2. This can be done using iTunes as described here.
- Now that you have iOS 4.0.2 on your iPod Touch, you’ll have to jailbreak it by using iOS 4.0 (NOT iOS 4.0.2) with redsn0w 0.9.5 Beta 5. Click browse and point it to iOS 4 firmware and follow the instructions on the screen. [Vista users might need to run redsn0w as administrator]
- Once you’re done and it reboots, you should have a jailbroken iPod Touch.
- If you want to enable/disable multitasking or background wallpapers on your iPod Touch, use zToggle. We don’t recommend it though as it will suck the performance and battery out of your iPod Touch.
Download redsn0w 0.9.5b5-5 for Windows
Download redsn0w 0.9.5b5-5 for Mac