If reading the title made you think that this guide is for dummies on how to lead a successful life, you’re wrong. Microsoft has released a new guide aimed at businesses to succeed in the current recession. Titled ‘15 great ways financial services enterprises can cut business operating costs, reduce risks and grow in the new economy’, it provides valuable advice to companies to survive through the economic downturn and credit crisis. The contents would help companies to
- Save costs.
- Attract and retain customers.
- Increase operational excellence.
- Enable governance & compliance.
- Improve risk management.
- Improve enterprise-wide business intelligence reporting.
A lot of case studies have been used to support each of the 15 ways, with a lot of self advertisement of services and products by Microsoft, which isn’t a bad thing as they’re all proven industry solutions as evident by the examples. The guide is divided into 3 parts
- Customer-Facing Solutions,
- Business Operations Solutions,
- Investment Management and Trading Solutions,
all aimed at different groups of people in a typical enterprise.
I wont bore you with more details of the guide. For those concerned, it can downloaded here.