Tired of turning your hotspot on and off all the time, trying to share your iPhone’s data connection with your wifi-only iPad? The new MyWi OnDemand takes away this hassle letting you create an iPad to iPhone connection right when you need it. All you need is a jailbroken iPhone to download MyWi OnDemand form cydia and an active 3G/EDGE data plan on your iPhone, while everything works automatically after a simple iPhone / iPad pairing. If you already own MyWi, you can grab the OnDemand upgrade for just $4.99 otherwise you need to buy it for a hefty price of $24.99 from the Cydia store.
Here is the official MyWi OnDemand description:
When you leave your WiFi connection at home and you’re using the iPad, the iPad will connect automatically. When you turn your iPad screen off, or go back where you have WiFi, MyWi OnDemand will disconnect. After a simple pairing, everything works automatically! Will work with 3G/3GS/4 iPhones/iPod Touches (3.1.2+) and iPad (3.2+). Requires purchase of MyWi 4.0.
- On Demand connection for an iPod Touch, iPad or iDevice that needs a internet connection
- Set and Forget! Hotspot is always on while not using any more power than just leaving on low-power bluetooth
- Hotspot controls who is able to connect and may “kick” any devices at will.
- Uses much less battery then wifi tethering and uses native routing to minimize battery
- 3-Day Free Trial via Jailbreak your iPhone and install via Cydia!
Also check out a demo video of how MyWi OnDemand works: