Jailbroken iPad users are now able to use the official (unreleased) iPad version of the Facebook application.
Rumors of an official iPad Facebook application have been circulating the internet, since the birth of the iPad. However, they gone very hot in the last few weeks and now Facebook accidentally shipped the iPad version with version 3.4.4.
Here is a guide on how to get the iPad version of the application right now.
DISCLAIMER: We at iTD are not responsible for any damages occured during this process. To stay safe from any data loss, please back up your device before proceeding.
This method requires your iPad to be jailbroken. If you have not yet jailbroken your iOS device on iOS 4.3.3 you do it through www.jailbreakme.com. Alternatively, if you did update to the latest OS (iOS 4.3.4), you can see our step-by-step guide here.
1. Download the official Facebook application from the App Store (iTunes link). Make sure you have version 3.4.4.
2. Open up Cydia and download the iFile application.
3. Once you’ve opened up the application, go to the following directory “/var/mobile/applications”
4. If you haven’t already, click on the ‘preferences’ icon and turn on Application names.
5. Open up the Facebook folder, and then the folder called “Facebook.app”.
6. Scroll down and find a file called “info.plist”.
7. Scroll down on this page too, and select “UIDeviceFamily”, you should see a parameter with the number 1, change this to a number 2.
And we’re finished. You can now sit back and restart you’re iPad to enjoy the iPad-screen optimized version of the Facebook application. (via iPadItalia)