PayPal has gone through a major overhaul of the designs of their iOS and Android apps. The new update, version 6.0, introduces a beautiful new design which makes it easier to send and receive money as well as check account history, right from your smartphone.
The new app design is much flatter but it doesn’t take away from the user experience of the app. The new start screen shows current balance, a glance at recent activity and a button to quickly send payments or request money. Quick contacts also show in the bottom half of the screen.
The activity section is extremely detailed now and you can drill down into your transaction details, with up to 3 years of history. The app also allows you to see the transaction hisorty between you and another person or a particular business.
Here is PayPal’s changelog for version 6.0:
- A completely refreshed design
- New start screen that provides faster access to your most important account info and the top actions you take
- Send and Request Money pages that can be personalized with the people you exchange money with most – including your phone contacts
- Completely new request money flow that allows others to pay you with just one click
- Greater account info including 3-years of history and how you funded your payments and the money you sent
Here’s a video showing the new design in action:
PayPal has done a good job at creating a better user experience with this new update. The app update is available for both iPhone and Android. Unfortunately, PayPal is still missing from the iPad.