Secret Features In Windows Phone 7 Mango Unveiled! [VIDEO]



Windows Phone 7 Mango update is Microsoft’s next generation WP7 OS which introduces not only over 500 new features but also promises to address the basic entertainment and business needs of an average handheld user. Facing much criticism at launch, Windows Phone 7 has now grown into a much impressive mobile platform with the Mango update. Tom Warren at WinRumors has published an in-depth preview of some of the “secret” new features that have now been incorporated in WP7.

Secret Features In Windows Phone 7 Mango Unveiled! [VIDEO]

Updated “Me” Tile :

You can now check-in to Facebook, update your status and view your Windows Live and Facebook notifications right from your “Me” WP7 tile. There are also inclusions of SMS, email, IM, and voicemail alerts.

Secret Features In Windows Phone 7 Mango Unveiled! [VIDEO]

Calendar Integration With Facebook Events :

Now you can view and even respond to upcoming Facebook events right from your Windows Phone calendar. Multiple calendars can been configured at the same time

Secret Features In Windows Phone 7 Mango Unveiled! [VIDEO]

Facebook, Windows Live and SMS – A Unified Chat System :


Microsoft has nicely introduced a thread system which merges SMS, Windows Live Messenger and Facebook systems into a single messaging thread. One can easily switch back and forth between accounts with messages displayed for all these systems in a single view. Pretty cool!

Secret Features In Windows Phone 7 Mango Unveiled! [VIDEO]

Xbox LIVE Games Hub Enhancements :

The interface has been revamped to match the upcoming new Xbox 360 UI (scheduled for later this year) with support for 3D avatars, Xbox LIVE messaging and ability to send, accept or reject friend requests.

Secret Features In Windows Phone 7 Mango Unveiled! [VIDEO]

Turn-by-Turn Bing Maps Navigation :

Its finally here! You can now get turn-by-turn voice directions inside Bing maps WP7 application.

Secret Features In Windows Phone 7 Mango Unveiled! [VIDEO]

Take a look at a video demo below for some of these “secret” features in WP7 Mango update along with numerous UI enhancements:

Subscribe to our RSS Feed and keep following us on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube for all the latest news, updates and more.

I’m a technology enthusiast specializing in Diagnostic Radiology. I’m crazy about Formula 1, all sorts of gadgets, surfing, console gaming, movies, music & I simply LOVE high-end designer wear! Follow me on Twitter @DrUsmanQ

  • ammar

    which world have u been living in? these features were officially unveiled by microsoft over a month ago!

    • Nope. Get your information right.

  • ammar

    dude I use a WP7 so i’m not just saying this. 90% of the things were unveiled by Joe Belfiore at MIX 2011. The rest 10% were subsequently shown in various other hands on videos of the preview release of Mango

    • Facebook Notifications, shut down screen and other such features are the ones labelled ‘secret’. We’ve sourced Winrumors for this, who I’m sure, ‘dude’, has so much more knowledge on WP7 than you.
      I’ve had WP7 so just having the device doesn’t give you credibility to call on the author like that. Don’t pull facts such as ‘90%..’ just like that without any proper information.

  • ammar

    u mentioned update me tile, calendar facebook integration, xbox live enhancements, unified chat system and turn by turn navigation. << these were all shown about a month ago