Showgo is a social app for iPhone which lets fans interact with each other when watching a show. The app listens to an episode to recognize it, like Shazam or SoundHound and lets users share reactions with other fans in real time. Showgo only works with 33 popular television series for now, with more on the way.
With Twitter’s popularity as a companion web service for TV show watching, does Showgo offer anything better? Read our review to find out.
The home screen is very intuitive, detailed and simple to use. There are five main features at the bottom of the home screen.
- Shows: this is a section with features like tap to sync, search, top shows listing, trending episodes, my new episodes, and new shows and episodes on Showgo. You can search for your favorite episodes and add them to My new episodes.
- Notifications: Here you can view replies to your comments and the number of votes they get.
- Timeline: In this section, you can search and sync your desired episodes. And while watching, share your reactions to exact moments (marked with time) with other fans.
- Leaderboard: Here you can select a show, and read people’s reactions to various moments in the episode. You can also upvote the comments you like and follow users.
- Me: This section displays your activities and account detail.
Searching, Commenting and Sharing
- Showgo provides a library of 33 shows. All seasons and episodes of each show are available to search and sync. When watching a series, search and select that episode and it will open in Timeline.
- To express and read reactions, tap on the sync button in the Timeline and Leaderboard. You can reply in different ways: text, GIF, and pictures (either from your Photos library or take them from the in-app camera).
- Reactions and replies to exact moments can be shared on Facebook and Twitter. Just don’t post spoilers!
This is one of a kind app, set out to change the way people watch television. It connects to a global community, so you have a lot of people to share your thoughts with during an episode. You can stay engaged by commenting on other’s reactions and upvoting the ones you like. You can also express your reactions either by text, picture or GIF.
Attention to detail in the app’s design is remarkable. It’s clean, modern and simple to use. Showgo gives you a free membership to a global fanbase, without any in-app purchases and ads. The only issue is the limited variety of shows. Current list of shows includes the likes of Game of Thrones, Love, 11.22.63, Making a Murderer, Casual, The Path, Marvel’s Daredevil, and more.
Showgo is available for free in the App Store.