If you’ve jailbroken your iPhone 3GS (old bootrom) with iOS 4.1 using PwnageTool, here’s how you can unlock it to work with other carriers. ultrasn0w 1.1-1 is the solution which was upgraded from version 1.0-1 to save battery life while on stand by. Here’s a simple guide on how you can unlock your iPhone 3GS:
- Jailbreak your iPhone 3GS with PwnageTool. Follow our guide here.
- Open up Cydia and tap the Manage button at the bottom. Tap sources, press the edit button on the top and then tap add. Type this repo address in the sources:http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com as shown below.
- Tap Add Source and wait for it to upgrade.
- Search for ultrasn0w (sn0w with a zero not an O) in the search tab at the bottom. Tap it and press install at the top.
- Wait for it to install and then reboot your iPhone 3GS. When it restarts, you should be able to use it with any carrier you want!
If you run into any issues or have any questions, put them in the comments below and we’ll be glad to help you out!