Apple has just rolled out a critical update for its Safari web browser to version 5.0.3 for Mac OS X and version 4.1.3 for Windows. The update addresses a major issue of showing wrong “Top Hit” results in the Safari address bar upon typing (now its fixed and gives priority to bookmarks and history) along with several security enhancements, increased compatibility, speed optimizations and various bug fixes.
Official changelog of the latest update is given below:
– More accurate Top Hit results in the Address Field
– More accurate results in Top Sites
– Fixes an issue that could cause content delivered with the Flash 10.1 plug-in to overlap webpage content
– More reliable pop-up blocking
– Improved stability when typing into search and text input fields onwww.netflix.com and www.facebook.com
– Improved stability when using VoiceOver with Safari
For detailed information on the security content of this update, please visit this site:http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222
Safari 5.03 is now available for download via Software Update for Mac OS X users and through Apple Software Update for the PC owners.
[ via TUAW ]