A week ago, Apple released a special iPhone advertisement titled ‘12 days of Xmas’ which showed 12 different apps for Christmas that help you from sending cards and gifts to cooking and lighting up your Christmas tree. Lighting up your Christmas tree? Yup, there’s an app for that, and it’s called Schlage LiNK. Using this app you can control your thermostat, lock and unlock your doors, and stream real-time video from security cameras all to your phone.
LiNK is a complete home management solution for monitoring and controlling your home through any computer or web enabled phone. LiNK is build upon Z-Wave technology which means you’ll need to have Z-Wave enabled locks, lights, thermostats and cameras to get it to work. All these devices are available from Schlage, so it’s not difficult to get this system up and running.
Here’s a list of features it provides through the free iPhone app in the App Store:
- When you open the application, you’ll see all the locks that are connected to your system
- From the Security screen, you can monitor the status of the locks and activate them to change status
- Camera screen—shows each activated camera. When you click on the camera, you’ll see a real-time view of what the camera is focused on
- Climate screen—adjust home temperature of your Z-Wave enabled thermostat
- Schedules screen—enable or disable a schedule
- Scenes screen—control scenes you’ve created. Scenes control multiple Z-Wave devices in one easy step, such as turning on the lights when a specific code is entered at the lock
- Lights screen—shows all of the Z-Wave lights connected to your system. You can control each light separately
If you’re interested, take a look at how you can get LiNK up and running at the Schlage website. And if you light up your Christmas tree with your iPhone this year, just remember, there’s an app for just about everything.