Apple released watchOS 3 beta 2 to developers today. Here is our list of all the new features and changes in this update.
Everything new in watchOS 3 beta 2:
- Apps seem to launch even faster than watchOS 3 beta 1
- Improvements to battery life
- Emergency SOS feature is now functional. It can be accessed by pressing and holding the side button for 6 seconds which directly initiates the SOS call. It is also available in the power off menu which is available by long pressing the side button, though that requires less than 6 seconds.
- Home app has a new icon
- New colors available for watch faces including a few shades of green. They seem to match Apple’s latest sport band colors.
- Time on Photo watch faces now has a glow
- Workouts now include Elevation Gain
- Apple Watch app now shows full screen maps for workouts, where supported
The update is available for developers. watchOS 3 beta 2 can also be installed without a developer account but beware that you cannot downgrade it yourself. The Apple Watch needs to be taken to an Apple Store to downgrade it back to a stable release.