Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference is just a few days away. The conference will be held from 13th June to 17th June, 2016 in San Francisco, California, USA. After closing of event registration in April, media invites for the Keynote were sent just a few days back. Unlike previous conferences, this year’s conference will be held at two venues; Bill Graham Civic Auditorium for Keynote, State of Union and Design awards and Moscone West for labs and other sessions.
Traditionally, WWDC is held every year at Moscone West, where developers from around the globe meet Apple’s engineers, attend workshops and software sessions. The conference begins with a Keynote which includes announcements of upcoming operating system updates, products and services. During subsequent days, there are various activities planned for the attendees such as technical sessions on app development, assistance in implementation of new technologies, consultation from Apple’s experts, and a chance to socialize at the Bash.
Here is the complete schedule of WWDC 2016.
What to expect from Apple at WWDC 2016 Keynote
Here is a list of what to expect this year from Apple:
- iOS 10 is expected to be unveiled, along with new APIs, for developers to play with. In iOS 10, Apple Music app is rumored to be getting a brand new coat of paint. A new intuitive user interface and streamlined design should help resolve most of user’s complaints. Improvements to music discovery and browsing as well as music lyrics support are expected to be part of Apple Music announcements.
- Announcement of a Siri SDK might also happen. Rumors say that this will allow third party developers to integrate Siri into their apps.
- Apple Pay support for Safari so websites and users can use it as a payment mechanism.
- Improvements to Photos app.
- OS X 10.12 will include Siri integration and perform all the functions that it already supports on iOS.
- Updated iTunes, improvements to Photos app, Apple Pay in the browser and the ability to unlock Mac through an iPhone are amongst other rumored updates for OS X 10.12
- Next watchOS and tvOS versions although there aren’t any rumors making the rounds as to what these updates might have.