Here is how you can connect your AirPods or AirPods Pro to any Android smartphone or tablet using Bluetooth.
First released in 2016, Apple’s AirPods are widely regarded to be the company’s best products. They offer portability, great battery life, wireless charging, easy connectivity, and great Bluetooth range. The new buds were so popular since their release that Apple had a hard time keeping them in stock. They come equipped with an accelerometer, dual optical sensors, dual microphones for Siri and phone calls, and special wireless chip called W1 o rH1, for first and second-generation devices respectively.
Apple’s AirPods are not exclusive to iPhone, iPad or Mac only though. Users can easily use them with Android devices as they can be paired with any Bluetooth enabled device. However, not all the features which are exclusive for iOS devices, such as the battery indicator or Hey Siri support, will work when connected to an Android device. There are other ways to enable those features on Android devices like the Assistant Trigger app.
How to Connect AirPods to Android Devices
Follow these simple steps to connect your AirPods to your Android device.
- Make sure that your device’s Bluetooth is turned on. You can do this via the notification bar or by accessing Bluetooth settings.
- Open the lid on your AirPods case. Press and hold the small setup button on the back of the case for several seconds.
- Wait until the status light on the front of the case starts blinking. The same process applies for all models, including the Pro version.
- Your AirPods will pop up in the list of available devices in your Bluetooth settings.
- Pair your AirPods to your phone in your Bluetooth settings by tapping on their name in the list.
After the Bluetooth setup is complete, you can continue listening to music or watch videos on your phone with the AirPods connected.
First and second-generation AirPods are available on the Apple store for $169 and $249 respectively, while the Pro versions are available for $249 in the United States.