At its annual MAX conference, Adobe has introduced a major feature release of Photoshop for desktop and iPad. The new updates include new editing tools, filters, and much more.
Here are all the new features of Photoshop
Photoshop on Desktop
- Hover auto-masking object selection tool makes it easy to select an object/ subject in the image with a single click. The new tool is more accurate and preserves more details in the edges of the selected image.
- The new One-click option to mask all objects in a layer speeds up the selection and masking process with a single click.
- Three new beta Neural filters in the Neural Filter workspace:
- Landscape Mixer beta filter can adjust the season of a scene (summer or fall), alter the time of the day (sunset, noon), and automatically mask people or other subjects in a scene.
- Color Transfer beta filter easily duplicates the color or tone of one image and applies it to another.
- Harmonization beta filter uses machine learning of Adobe Sensei to match the color and tone of an element on one layer to another.
- Three new Gradients modes to give a more natural blend and appearance.
- Classic mode
- Perceptual mode
- Linear mode
- Copy from Illustrator and paste vector shapes in Photoshop while maintaining editable attributes.
- Photoshop now supports Apple’s Pro Display XDR to see your designs in full, high dynamic range.
- The new commenting panel will share users’ work with clients and colleagues to receive feedback within Photoshop on desktop and iPad.
- The Export As functionality is now set as default on all desktop operating systems.
- New third-party plug-ins include Easy Panel, Pro Stacker, Re-Touch by FX-Ray, and APF-R. Lumenzia and TK8 will be available soon.
- Document rendering is faster than ever.
- Improved language support for type layers feature improved text shaping for Hebrew, Arabic, and Indic languages, improved support for bi-directional text (right to left) and consolidated advanced typographic features are placed in the Type Layers Properties panel.
- Improved oil paint filter is faster and more responsive.
Photoshop on iPad
- Camera Raw File Support to import and edit raw photos from iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 13 Pro, or digital cameras.
- Convert layers into Smart objects to keep the transformations and filters non-destructive.
- New Dodge and Burn tools to quickly lighten or darken areas of an image.
- Share design with others via the new Commenting panel to receive feedback within Photoshop.