Apple seeded iOS 15.2 Release Candidate today and the update includes the new Apple Music Voice Plan. The Cupertino tech giant announced the new affordable Apple Music subscription plan at its October “Unleashed” event. The new cheaper tier will be powered by smarter Siri and cost $4.99 per month with a seven-day free trial.
New Apple Music Voice Plan to launch this month with iOS 15.2 update
Release Candidate is usually the final update before the release of a new software update to the public. With iOS 15.2 Release Candidate, it is expected that iOS 15.2 will be available for everyone this month. And people will be able to subscribe to the new Apple Music Voice Plan to access 90 million songs, thousands of playlists, albums, DJ mixes, and much more on Apple Music via Siri. The release notes read:
Apple Music Voice Plan
- Apple Music Voice Plan is a new subscription tier that gives you access to all songs, playlists, and stations in Apple Music using Siri.
- Just Ask Siri suggests music based on your listening history and likes or dislikes.
- Play it Again lets you access a list of your recently played music.
It is important to note that Apple Music Voice Plan will not support lossless audio or spatial audio features, which provide higher quality music output.
The update also includes App Privacy Report, Messages Communication Safety for kids, Digital Legacy for Apple ID, macro photo control for iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max, TV app design update, enhancements for the TV app, CarPlay, macro photo control for iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max, and improvements to Stocks, Reminders, and Notes apps and much more.
More importantly, the update also removes the restriction that rendered the FaceID feature non-functional when the iPhone 13 screen was replaced with another screen, even if it was an Apple’s genuine screen. The iPhone 13 third-party screen repair barrier caused a lot of uproar from third-party service providers and Right to Repair activists.
- Apple seeds macOS Monterey 12.1 RC with SharePlay and Apple Music Voice Plan
- New “From Apple Music With Love” Holidays promotion brings exclusive EPs, playlists and more for subscribers