Apple has renewed the Apple TV+ bilingual comedy series “Acapulco” for a third season. The forthcoming season will consist of 10 episodes and production is set to kick off this spring.
Apple TV+ series ‘Acapulco’ renewed for another season
Based on the 2017 movie “How to Be a Latin Lover,” the joint Spanish-English series takes place in 1984 with Eugenio Derbez narrating and playing the present-day version of the twenty-something main character, Maximo Gallardo.
Season three will follow the older Maximo, who returns to Las Colinas and finds it difficult to recognize. While in 1985, the younger Maximo keeps moving up the success ladder even though doing so could possibly endanger all the relationships he has worked so hard to create.
“We at 3Pas Studios are thankful to Apple TV+, the perfect home for ‘Acapulco,’ along with our production partner Lionsgate, filmmakers and cast and crew,” said Derbez in a statement to Variety. “We have always believed that the stories we tell about our communities and cultures can resonate with global audiences, so crank up the AC, it’s about to get a lot hotter at Las Colinas Resort.”
In addition to Derbez, returning cast members include Enrique Arrizon, Fernando Carsa, Damián Alcázar, Camila Perez, Chord Overstreet, Vanessa Bauche, Regina Reynoso, Raphael Alejandro, Jessica Collins, Rafael Cebrián, Carlos Corona, and Regina Orozco.
As of right now, Apple has not announced a release date for the third season of “Acapulco”, however, you can catch up on the previous two seasons of the show with an Apple TV+ subscription. For $6.99 per month with a seven-day free trial, Apple’s streaming service is available on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, and Apple TV via the Apple TV app.
- Apple premiered “STILL: A Michael J. Fox Movie” at Sundance Film Festival
- Apple TV+ acquires “Drops of God”, a new multilingual drama series starring Fleur Geffrier
- Apple Music lead takes on Apple TV+ responsibility amidst division’s restructuring
- Apple TV+ new kids series “Jane” will debut on April 14, 2023, globally
- Apple TV+ drops trailer for mystery thriller film “Sharper” ahead of its Feb. 10 release date
- Apple TV+ Original series ‘Shantaram,’ canceled after one season