On October 25, 2023, Apple announced that it was increasing the subscription prices of services including Apple TV+, Arcade, and News+. It is the first price increase for these services since their launch in 2019.
The subscription prices for Apple TV+, Apple Arcade, Apple News+, and Apple One will increase in the US and select international markets beginning today. Existing subscribers will see these price increases 30 days later, on their next renewal date.
Table of Contents
Here are the new prices of Apple TV+, Arcade, and News+ subscriptions
The new prices are as follows:
- Apple TV+: $9.99 per month (up from $6.99)
- Apple Arcade: $6.99 per month (up from $4.99)
- Apple News+: $12.99 per month (up from $9.99)
Why is Apple raising Apple TV+, Arcade, and News+ Subscription prices?
The Apple One subscription bundle prices have also increased to reflect the increases in the constituent services.
Apple has said that the price increases are necessary to continue to invest in and improve its services. The company has also pointed to the fact that it has been adding more content and features to its services on a regular basis.
For example, Apple TV+ has added a number of new and acclaimed original series and movies in recent years, including “Ted Lasso,” “Severance,” and “CODA.” Apple Arcade has also added a number of new and popular games, such as “Fantasian,” “LEGO Star Wars: Castaways,” and “NBA 2K23 Arcade Edition.”
What do the price increases mean for existing subscribers?
Existing subscribers will be automatically billed at the new price on their next billing cycle. If you are unhappy with the price increase, you can cancel your subscription at any time.
Few ways to save on Apple TV+, Arcade, and News+
- Bundle your subscriptions with Apple One: If you subscribe to multiple Apple services, you can save money by bundling them together with Apple One. The Apple One Individual plan includes Apple TV+, Arcade, Music, and iCloud+ for $19.95 per month. The Apple One Family plan includes all of the above plus Apple Fitness+ for $25.95 per month. And the Apple One Premier plan includes all of the above plus Apple News+ for $37.95 per month.
- Share your subscriptions with family members: If you have a family plan, you can share your subscriptions with up to five other family members. This is a great way to save money if you are already subscribed to multiple Apple services.
- Take advantage of free trials: Apple TV+, Arcade, and News+ all offer free trials. You can sign up for a free trial and then cancel your subscription before the trial ends if you decide that you don’t want to continue.
Is it still worth subscribing to Apple TV+, Arcade, and News+?
Despite the price increases, Apple TV+, Arcade, and News+ still offer good value for money. Apple TV+ has a growing library of high-quality original content, Apple Arcade has a wide variety of fun and engaging games, and Apple News+ offers a convenient way to read hundreds of magazines and newspapers.