Apple TV+ recently announced a new dark comedy titled “Bad Sisters,” from Emmy Award nominee and BAFTA Award-winning star and creator Sharon Horgan. The series is set to debut later in 2022.
Sharon Horgan Apple TV+ series “Bad Sisters,” to debut later this year
Along with an award-winning creator, the 10-episode series features a star-studded cast: Anne-Marie Duff, Eva Birthistle, Sarah Greene, and Eve Hewson. In addition, the show will also star Claes Bang, Brian Gleeson, Daryl McCormack, Assaad Bouab, and newcomer Saise Quinn.
Described as a delicious blend of both dark comedy and thriller, the series follows the lives of the Garvey sisters who “are bound together by the premature death of their parents and a promise to always protect one another.”
Bad Sisters is produced by Merman productions and ABC Signature, a part of Disney Television Studios. The series will also mark Horgan’s first project to premiere from the first-look deal with Apple TV+ and her Merman production company signed in September 2021.
Horgan also serves as an executive producer and writer alongside Brett Baer and Dave Finkel. Bad Sisters is adapted from the Belgian version of the series “Clan,” which was created by Malin-Sarah Gozin.
For $4.99 per month with a seven-day free trial, Apple’s streaming service is available on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, Apple TV via the Apple TV app. It is also compatible with selected Samsung and LG smart TVs, Roku devices, Amazon Fire TV, and tv.apple.com.
- Apple TV+ orders new historic series on Benjamin Franklin’s political career starring Michael Douglas
- Apple TV+ acquires new feature documentary on life and career of Lewis Hamilton, Formula One world champion
- Trailer for Apple TV+ new “Pachinko” series showcases its emotional journey across two continents
- Apple TV+ releases trailer for “The Snoopy Show” season 2 and announces more Peanuts specials
- Apple TV+ orders “Metropolis”, a new drama series inspired by Fritz Lang’s science fiction work
- Apple TV+ hit series “Ted Lasso” and original movie “CODA” honored with Critics Choice Awards
- Apple TV+ teases intense drama of “Slow Horses” series, ahead of its premiere on April 1, 2022
- Apple TV+ launched a new “kids’ changemakers initiative” to brings stories from leading educationalists and creative storytellers
- Amanda Seyfried to star in Apple TV+ new “The Crowded Room” anthology series