The latest iPhone 14 Pro lineup features a new 48MP Main camera with a quad-pixel sensor to capture higher resolution images with more details. And it also supports ProRAW in 48MP for professionals to capture an “unprecedented level of detail, enabling new creative workflows”.
Centered around capabilities on the new iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro, the new Halide brings a whole new experience to users.
Please welcome Halide 2.9! This update brings the most powerful camera app to new heights with support for 48 megapixel ProRaws, 48 megapixel HEICs/JPEGs, and more. With faster capture and smaller file sizes, Halide is the perfect companion for the iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro.
New Halide for iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro
- ProRAW in 48MP or 12MP on iPhone 14 Pro for users to choose between maximum quality or lower file sizes. However, native RAW is currently not available at 48MP, only 12MP binned native RAW images.
- 48MP images in HEIC or JPG format with up to 2.4x faster capture on iPhone 14 Pro.
- Toggle to switch between 48MP and 12MP easily for times when users want to capture high-resolution detailed photos that take up more space or 12MP smaller files to save storage. (on iPhone 14 Pro)
- Manual Focus in Depth Capture on iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro selfie camera systems.
- Improvements to Image Rescue when iOS failed to save images to the Photos app.
Earlier, Halide 2.8 introduced 7 Lock Screen widgets on iOS 16 for users to access the Halide camera (ultra-wide, wide, or telephoto lens, Auto or Manual Exposure, and Macro mode) directly from the Lock Screen. And in the 2.8.1 version, Halide added support for higher megapixel cameras.
Existing Halide users can update their apps to the latest version through the App Store and new users can download it from App Store with an in-app subscription for $2.99 monthly, $11.99 yearly, or $59.99 one-time purchase.