Apple recently launched an iPhone 11 display module replacement program for a small percentage of iPhone 11 devices affected by touch screen issues. Affected devices were manufactured by the tech giant between November 2019 and May 2020.
For users with affected devices, Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider will provide service, free of charge. Learn how you can check and see if your device is eligible for the iPhone 11 replacement module program.
How to find out if your iPhone is eligible for Apple’s iPhone 11 display module replacement
According to Apple, the touch screen issue only applies to the iPhone 11, not the iPhone 11 Pro or the iPhone 11 Pro Max. Affected devices were manufactured between November 2019 and May 2020.
“Apple has determined that a small percentage of iPhone 11 displays may stop responding to touch due to an issue with the display module. Affected devices were manufactured between November 2019 and May 2020.”
To check if your iPhone is eligible for the iPhone 11 display module replacement program, you will need to find your device’s serial number. There are several ways to locate this:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone, select General, and tap on About
- Check the packaging, receipt, or invoice of your iPhone 11
- Plug the iPhone into a computer and locate the serial number via Finder or Music
Once you have the serial number, go to Apple’s support website and enter the number to check if your device is eligible. If your iPhone is eligible, Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider will fix your device, free of charge.
- Find an Apple Authorized Service Provider.
- Make an appointment at an Apple Retail Store.
- Contact Apple Support to arrange mail-in service via the Apple Repair Center.
Here are some things to keep in mind for customers who are considering Apple’s iPhone 11 display module replacement program to get their device repaired:
- If your iPhone 11 has any damage which impairs the ability to complete the repair, such as a cracked screen, that issue will need to be resolved prior to the service. In some cases, there may be a cost associated with the additional repair.
- Apple may restrict or limit repair to the original country or region of purchase.
- This worldwide Apple program doesn’t extend the standard warranty coverage of the iPhone 11.
- How to verify an iPhone repair location in the U.S.
- Apple announces AirPods Pro service program for crackling, static or active noise cancellation issues