Apple’s latest 2021 MacBook Pro models are receiving positive reviews and more comparison tests tell us why. YouTuber @Created Tech compared the 14-inch M1 Pro MacBook Pro (based model) against RTX 3060 Razer Blade 14 (proclaimed best gaming laptop in the world) and the performance results were surprising. The speed and battery life of the new 14-inch M1 Pro MacBook Pro outshined Razer Blade 14. Here are the complete test results.
Unplugged 14-inch M1 Pro MacBook Pro deliver better CPU performance, video rendering, and more than plugged RTX 3060 Razer Blade 14
Starting with the peripherals, the 14-inch M1 Pro MacBook Pro has a better 1080p webcam, speaker, and mic system than RTX 3060 Razer Blade 14. But those differences might not matter to some users, so will dive into the more important differences: display, performance, and battery life.
The 120Hz mini-LED display of the 14-inch M1 Pro MacBook Pro is superior to the 144Hz FHD display of Razer Blade 14. The colors are brighter and the image quality is sharper on the MacBook Pro.
Razer Blade 14 was plugged in a power socket throughout the performance testing, while tests were run on an unplugged M1 Pro MacBook Pro at 100% battery. On both laptops, the CPU was set on boost and GPU to high.
- AJA SSD speed test – SSD on MacBook Pro is almost 2x faster.
- Geekbench 5 CPU performance test
- Multi-core score – 10,015 MacBook Pro vs. 7,326 Razer Blade 14
- Single-core performance – 1,775 MacBook Pro vs. 1463 Razer Blade 14
- Cinebench R23 CPU
- Multi-core score – 9456 MacBook Pro vs. 12,727 Razer Blade 14
- single-core score – 1528 MacBook Pro vs. 1453 Razer Blade 14
- Lightroom Classic – 50 x 24MP Raw photos
- Import time – Both laptops took the same time and looking through the image was smooth on both devices.
- Export time– MacBook Pro in 33 sec vs. Razer Blade 14 in 60 seconds. MacBook Pro is almost 2x faster.
- Video Editing and Rendering 4k – (lower is better)
- DaVinci Resolve 4K A7SIII footage stabilization – MacBook Pro in 59 seconds vs Razer Blade 14 in 71 seconds.
- Davinci Resolve 4k A7SIII footage render – MacBook Pro in 3.11 mins vs Razer Blade 14 in 5.26 minutes.
- 6 minutes R3D Raw timeline render – MacBook Pro in 8.37 minutes vs. Razer Blade in 6.30 minutes.
- GFX Bench Aztec Ruins Gaming Test
- 93 fps on MacBook Pro vs. 143 fps on Razer Blade 14
- Tomb Raider Benchmark
- 63 fps on MacBook Pro vs. 120 fps on Razer Blade 14
By the end of the entire 2- 3 hours testing process, unplugged 14-inch M1 Pro MacBook Pro’s battery had dropped to 57%. On the other hand, Razer Blade 14 was plugged in the entire time because its battery is not able to power the CPU and GPU to 100 percent. In power efficiency, MacBook Pro is also a clear winner.
14-inch M1 Pro MacBook Pro vs. RTX 3060 Razer Blade 14 – Why laptop should you buy?
Besides the lower gaming performance, the 14-inch M1 Pro MacBook Pro delivers superior performance than Razer Blade 14 with incredible power efficiency. To get the best performance from Razer Blade 14 it must be plugged in. The better display, extra battery life, fast performance, and portability of the 14-inch MacBook Pro make it a more suitable device for the majority of people. Individuals buying a laptop exclusively for gaming purposes only should go for Razer Blade 14.