As a promotion offer, new Apple Card users will get $50 cash back on the very first purchase of any Apple service. This limited time offer includes all Apple’s services: Music, Arcade, TV, News and App Store purchases. Exclusively for users in the United States, the offer is valid from July 1- July 31, 2020, when opening a new Apple Card account and making the first purchase within 30 days.
At the time of low consumer spendings due to the on-going global health crisis, COVID-19 pandemic, Apple has released the offer as an incentive for users to apply for its card. Besides this limited time cash back offer, the company also offers up to 3% daily cash back rewards at the purchase.
How to Apply for a new Apple Card
Interested consumers can easily become Apple Card holders by applying for it via the Wallet app. Compatible devices to apply for a card are iPhone models with Face ID and Touch ID (except 5s) and iPad models with Face ID and Touch ID. Before initiating the application process, users must make sure that they have updated the Wallet app to the latest version.
However, there are a few qualification requirements:
- The applicant is a US citizen or a lawful resident
- Applicant must be 18 years and above.
Apple’s credit card service offers other incentives to attract users. Following features are available.
- No Fees at all: late, bi-monthly, annual, foreign transaction and hidden.
- Pay less interest: users have the freedom to pay as much as they can. In real time, users select an amount and the card estimates the interest cost which is suitable for them.
- User data is not shared or sold to third parties for target advertising.
A deferred payment program allows users to delay a few installments if they can not pay on time. In the current COVID-19 pandemic, Apple has extended defer payments twice to accommodate Apple Card holders during the time of economic losses for employees and employers. Read all about Apple Card here.