A new video posted by Unbox Therapy shows the new Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro models. The YouTuber managed to get a hold of the prototypes for both smartphones in Obsidian color.
Since May 1, 2022, Google has been releasing a few glances and short videos of Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro which are expected to launch in October; approximately one year after the launch of Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro.
Here are some design and tech specs of the Pixel 7 and 7 Pro models based on their prototypes
We have listed down the specs details based on the prototypes in the Unbox Therapy video:
- The Pixel 7 Pro has an extra camera unit featuring periscope zoom lenses in the new triple camera system. On the other hand, the Pixel 7 has a dual camera system.
- The texture of the upcoming smartphones feels smoother than the predecessor models; the Pixel 6 and 6 Pro have more glassy black. The new Pixel 7 and Pro have a mirror-like finish and a reflective gunmetal color. But the new pro model has a polished edge, compared to the matte aluminum finish on the non-pro variant.
- Both the models support wireless charging, unlike the budget model Pixel 6a which was one of its limitations.
- The bootstrap loader screen shows Pixel 7 ( code named panther) has 128 GB storage and 8GB of Samsung LPDDR5 RAM. On the other hand, the Pixel 7 pro ( code-named cheetah) has 12 GB of RAM. Being a prototype, the revisions of both versions are listed as engineering verification tests or EVT 1.1.
- The Pixel 6 is taller than Pixel 7, weighs 205 grams, and is 74.92mm wide but the new model will have slimmer bezels with 73.20mm and weighs 195 grams.
- Additionally, the Pixel 7 Pro might be 8.82mm thick in comparison to the thicker Pixel 6 Pro which is 9.02mm, with an 11.50mm camera bump. The new model might be slightly heavier and less wide than the current variant, Pixel 7 Pro could weigh 209g and 75.89mm in width, while the Pixel 6 Pro weighs 208 grams and is 76.68mm in width.
Although they are not the final version of the hardware and might go through changes before launch, the prototypes give a glimpse of what to expect in the upcoming Google Pixel models.