Pixelmator Pro 2.4 Odesa is now available with support for M1 Ultra, color adjustments, effects layers, 200 new shapes, scrubby zoom, and other improvements. The update is available for free for existing users.
Cementing its place as one of the best image editing apps on macOS, Pixelmator Pro has continued to improve its list of features over the last few years.
What’s new in Pixelmator Pro 2.4?
With the new update, Pixelmator Pro users can take advantage of the following features:
M1 Ultra support
- Various tasks on Pixelmator Pro 2.4 are now 1.7 times faster on M1 Ultra when compared to M1 Max, especially when it comes to machine learning.
Redesigned Layers Sidebar
- The layers sidebar has received a new design and makes it easier to work with layers.
- Informative subtitles now appear which show details like image size, text formatting, path info, and more.
- Blending controls have also received an improved design and now appear at the top of layers.
- There is more customization now on offer for the layers sidebar, allowing users to change the thumbnail size, visibility of layer subtitles, and position of blending controls.
- Layer masks will now appear as separate layers, while they can also be unlinked from their parent layer.
Color adjustments and effects layers
- Color adjustments and effects layers can now be applied to layers. These layers can be masked, hidden, or rearranged.
- Selective edits can be applied using color adjustments and effects layers using masks. Keyboards shortcuts can also be used to apply effects.
200 new shapes
- 200 new shapes designed by artists are now available to use in image editing projects. These are available in the following categories: Basic, Activities, Food, Objects, Arches, Science, Animals, Plants, Organic, and Symbols.
- These are vector shapes which means that they retain their full quality at any size.
- Scrubby Zoom makes it easy to use zoom via a mouse or graphics tablet.
- Shortcut keys can also be used to control scrubby zoom, while some terminal commands can be used to customize it further.
The update also features various improvements to masks creation, copying and pasting masks between different Pixelmator documents, new keyboard shortcuts for inserting layers and circular text layers, and more.
The update with all these new features is available for free for existing users. New users can purchase the app for $39.99 from the Mac App Store.
Download Pixelmator Pro from App Store