visionOS 1.0.3 unlocks new possibilities for Vision Pro users
In the past, if you forgot your passcode, you had to visit an Apple Store to get help. Fortunately, visionOS 1.0.3 has added a feature that allows you to reset your Vision Pro directly, provided that you can confirm your Apple ID and password.
This update provides important bug fixes and adds an option to reset your device if you’ve forgotten your passcode.
This means that you don’t have to worry about making frustrating trips to Apple Stores anymore. However, it is important to note that resetting your device will erase all the data stored on it.
In addition to this feature, the update also includes some bug fixes that address performance issues and glitches that might have affected your augmented experience. Although the details of the fixes are not specified, they are expected to make your journey through the augmented world smoother and more enjoyable.
How to update
Updating your Vision Pro is a straightforward process. Follow these steps to update your device:
- Connect your Vision Pro to a stable Wi-Fi network.
- Open the Settings app on your Vision Pro.
- Navigate to the “General” section.
- Tap on “Software Update.”
- Your Vision Pro will automatically check for available updates.
- If visionOS 1.0.3 is available, you’ll see a “Download and Install” button. Tap it.
- Enter your passcode (if prompted) and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Your Vision Pro will download and install the update. This might take a few minutes.
- Once the update is finished, your Vision Pro will restart automatically.
Overall, visionOS 1.0.3 is a welcome update for Vision Pro users, as it provides a much easier way to recover from a forgotten passcode.