WhatsApp is finally rolling out an update that allows users to authenticate their accounts using an email address in addition to their phone number on iOS and Android devices.
The new feature would be particularly useful for users who frequently travel or switch between devices, as it provides an alternate method for verifying their identity and accessing their accounts.
WhatsApp’s new email login feature: A step towards enhanced security and convenience
Noted by WABetaInfo, WhatsApp version 23.24.70 for iPhone, added the email verification feature. The new email login feature allows users to verify their email addresses when logging into their accounts, providing an additional layer of security and an alternative login method if they lose their phone or SIM card.
Benefits of the New Email Login Feature
- Enhanced security: Verifying an email address adds an extra layer of protection against unauthorized access to WhatsApp accounts.
- Alternative login method: Users can log in using their email address if they lose their phone or SIM card, ensuring they don’t lose access to their contacts and messages.
- Convenience: Users who prefer to use email can now use it to log in, providing more flexibility and choice.
How to use the new email login feature
To use the new email login feature, follow these steps:
- Open the WhatsApp app and go to Settings > Account > Email Address.
- Enter your email address and tap “Next.”
- WhatsApp will send an email to the provided address with a verification code.
- Open the email and enter the verification code back into the app.
- Once your email address is verified, you can use it to log in to WhatsApp instead of using your phone number.
The new email login feature is a welcome addition, enhancing security and providing an alternative login method for users’ convenience.
The email login feature is currently available for WhatsApp version 23.24.70 for iPhone. It is still in beta testing for Android users, but it is expected to be rolled out to all users in the near future.