Apple typically does not confirm the amount of RAM its iPhones offer. However, the latest Xcode 14 beta confirms that all four iPhone 14 models feature 6GB of RAM.
6GB of RAM coming to all iPhone models this year, Xcode files reveal
As discovered by MacRumors, the iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Plus, iPhone 14 Pro, and iPhone 14 Pro Max feature 6GB of RAM. In contrast, the iPhone 13 lineup starts at 4GB of RAM while the higher-end variants offer 6GB of RAM.
iPhone 13 lineup:
- iPhone 13 mini: 4GB
- iPhone 13: 4GB
- iPhone 13 Pro: 6GB
- iPhone 13 Pro Max: 6GB
iPhone 14 lineup:
- iPhone 14: 6GB
- iPhone 14 Plus: 6GB
- iPhone 14 Pro: 6GB
- iPhone 14 Pro Max: 6GB
Numerous reports about the iPhone 14 lineup have claimed that the standard iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Plus would feature LPDDR4X memory. On the other hand, the Pro and Pro Max variants will feature LPDDR5 memory which will offer more energy-efficient performance. However, the Xcode files can only confirm the amount of RAM.
As for the other internals, the iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Plus feature the e A15 Bionic chip while the iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max come equipped with the next-generation A16 Bionic chip.
Given that Apple has further widened the gap between its standard and Pro models with the iPhone 14 lineup, it is interesting that the Cupertino tech giant is offering the same 6GB of RAM for all models. However, we would be wise to not look a gift horse in the mouth.
Customers can pre-order the iPhone 14 models from apple.com or the Apple Store app starting from Friday, September 9, while shipping will start on Friday, September 16.
- Apple introduces two new finishes for iPhone 14 Pro and Pro Max: Space Black and Deep Purple
- iPhone 14 Pro’s 48MP camera system enables improved low-light performance, new Action mode, and much more
- Here is how the new iPhone 14 Pro “magical” Dynamic Island works
- iPhone 14 lineup offers Emergency SOS via satellite, eliminating the need for cellular or Wi-Fi
- iPhone 14 lineup ditching the SIM card for eSIM technology in the U.S.