For small businesses, Apple has introduced a new ‘Business Essentials’ service which offers device management, 24/7 support, and cloud storage for a monthly subscription fee. Coming out in Spring of 2022, the new plan will allow small businesses to manage their employees’ devices: iPhone, iPad, and Mac easily.
[Update: the program is now available for small businesses.]
The new service will allow small businesses to manage their workforce more effectively by making setup and onboarding faster and simpler, offering easy backup via dedicated iCloud accounts, providing security for every device and protecting users’ privacy, and more.
Apple announces Business Essentials with three plans, coming out in Spring 2022
Apple will offer three Business Essential plans for businesses to opt for the package which is suitable for them. At the time of launch in Spring 2022, Apple will also include plans with AppleCare+ for Business Essentials with 24/7 customer support.
- Single device for a $2.99 monthly fee per device. Suitable for users with one device, the single-device plan includes 50GB of storage. “Device-only plans for kiosks, displays, and more do not include storage.”
- Multi-device for a $6.99 monthly fee per user. This plan allows users to manage up to three devices for each user and offers 200GB of storage.
- Multi-device with more storage for a $12.99 monthly fee per user. The plan includes support for up to three devices per user and 2TB of storage.
How to sign up for the Apple Business Essentials beta program
Small businesses with up to 500 employees in the United States can sign-up for free beta immediately and get a chance to be among the first business owners to try Apple Business Essentials before its release in spring 2022.
- To apply to the free beta, log on to smb.apple.com/essentials.
- Fill out the application form with information like name, email, organization name/ID, and the number of employees.
- When completed, click on the ‘submit’ button to send the application for review and approval.