With the release of iOS 15, Apple Card has gained a new Advanced Fraud Protection feature that is aimed at keeping Apple Card information more secure by periodically changing the three-digit security code associated with the card.
With the release of iOS 15, Apple Card now has Advanced Fraud Protection
When enabled, the new Advanced Fraud Protection will change the three-digit security code used for making purchases online regularly. The tech giant says the feature will not impact recurring purchases and subscriptions, such as streaming services or memberships
Advanced Fraud Protection is a way to keep your Apple Card information even more secure. After turning on Advanced Fraud Protection, your three-digit Apple Card security code will change periodically after it’s been viewed in the Wallet app or after it’s been auto-filled from Safari.
You should check your security code each time you want to make a purchase with Apple Card to be sure you’re using the most up-to-date code. You can also use Advanced Fraud Protection without affecting your recurring purchases and subscriptions, such as streaming services or memberships, because these merchants use your security code to authorize payment just once when you first sign up.
As outlined in a new support document titled “Use Advanced Fraud Protection with Apple Card,” here’s how to enable the feature on iPhone:
- Open up the Wallet app and tap Apple Card.
- Tap on the card number icon and then authenticate with your Face ID, Touch ID, or your passcode.
- Scroll down to the Advanced Fraud Protection option and switch it on.
Here’s how to enable the feature on iPad:
- Launch the Settings app.
- Scroll down and tap Wallet & Apple Pay.
- Tap Apple Card > tap the Info tab.
- Tap Card Number, then scroll down to Advanced Fraud Protection and switch it on.
Apple says you will know is turned on when you see a clock icon next to the three-digit security code. Your device must be updated to the latest version of iOS, iPadOS, or WatchOS to see the clock icon next to the security code.
- iOS 15 features that have been delayed: SharePlay, App Privacy Report, Wallet IDs and more
- Here are iOS 15 features that are not available on iPhone X and older models
- Apple improves Face ID’s anti-spoofing technology with iOS 15