After three months of beta testing, Apple has released iOS 15 to the public. The latest iPhone software update brings many new features, performance improvements, and fixes to enhance users’ experience like Live Text, Spatial audio, immersive and 3D Maps, Digital Keys in the Wallet app, and much more. However, all the features will not be available on all iOS 15 compatible iPhone models.
Several new intuitive and smart features require an A12 Bionic chip and newer. As iPhone X is powered by an A11 Bionic chip, therefore, that model and older models will not support the following features.
All the iOS 15 features that are not available on iPhone X and older models
- Portrait mode blurs the background and the focus on the host of the video call.
- Spatial audio makes the voices of Group call participants sound like they’re coming from the direction in which they’re positioned.
- Voice Isolation mode uses machine learning to make the speaker’s voice crystal clear by blocking background noises like a dog barking, dishwasher, and others
- Wide Spectrum mode brings all background or surrounding noises in the call. The opposite of noise cancellation.
- Interactive 3D globe with details for mountains, deserts, oceans, and other landforms.
- Detailed city maps to shot trees, buildings, landmarks, and more.
- 3D view of complex interchanges and more.
- The immersive walking direction in augmented reality.
- Home keys to unlock support apartment or home via a tap.
- Car Keys with Ultra-Wideband to unlock, lock, and start a supported car. (Available on iPhone 11 and iPhone 12 models)
- Live Text feature allows users to copy, paste or translate text from photos, screenshots, Quick Look, Safari, and live previews with Camera.
- Animated backgrounds to illustrate sun position, precipitation, and clouds.
- On-device processing so that Siri can process requests offline.
- On-device personalization to enable “Siri speech recognition and understanding to improve privately”.
- On-device keyboard dictation with completely offline processing.
- Keyboard dictation without 60 seconds per instance limitation.
- Swipe up or down during a QuickTake video to zoom in or out.
Users will have to upgrade to iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, or newer models to use the aforementioned features.
- Download iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 IPSW files
- Apple improves Face ID’s anti-spoofing technology with iOS 15
- PSA: there is no iOS 15 jailbreak available yet, stay on iOS 14 if it’s important to you
- How to upgrade an iPhone or iPad to iOS 15/iPadOS 15
- Downgrade iOS 15 to iOS 14.8 with these simple steps
- iOS 15 features that have been delayed: SharePlay, App Privacy Report, Wallet IDs and more