There is yet another bug with the recently announced iPhone 13 line-up, iPad mini 6, and iPad 9 which causes Apple Music to not function properly if you restore any of these devices from a backup. Apple is working on a fix and will release it with a new software update soon.
This bug has been revealed as per a new support article on Apple’s website which explains that restoring a new iPhone or iPad from a backup might cause the Apple Music catalog, settings or library sync features to be inaccessible.
Restoring an iPhone 13 from a backup can break Apple Music
The following devices are impacted by this bug, as reported by Apple:
- iPhone 13
- iPhone 13 mini
- iPhone 13 Pro
- iPhone 13 Pro Max
- iPad (9th generation)
- iPad mini (6th generation)
Apple has not really shared any workaround but we can only suggest that if Apple Music is important to you and you are about to unbox and set up your new iPhone or iPad, do not restore from a backup yet. Wait for Apple to release the new software update, which we expect to be in the form of iOS 15.1 or iOS 15.0.1, for all these new devices, and only restore from the backup once your device is updated.
This is not the only bug that impacts the new iPhone 13, iPad mini 6, or iPad 9 models. Restoring any of these devices from a backup might cause widgets to reset, so you might really want to wait for the software update.
- Here are easy fixes to common iOS 15 issues and problems
- 6 tips to fix iOS 15 battery drain issues
- On iOS 15, AirPod Pro owners can not use Siri to control Active Noise Cancellation and Transparency features
- How to upgrade an iPhone or iPad to iOS 15/iPadOS 15
- iOS 15 battery life vs iOS 14.8 battery life & tested on iPhone 12 and older models
- An iOS 15 ‘iPhone storage almost full’ error is causing storage issues
- Lock screen exploit in iOS 15 allows access to Notes without passcode
- Downgrade iOS 15 to iOS 14.8 with these simple steps
- PSA: there is no iOS 15 jailbreak available yet, stay on iOS 14 if it’s important to you
- Here are iOS 15 features that are not available on iPhone X and older models
- iOS 15 features that have been delayed: SharePlay, App Privacy Report, Wallet IDs and more
- Download iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 IPSW files