Apple has announced the winners of the third Apple Music Awards 2021. This year awards recognized artists for their influence on global culture across five distinct categories: Artist, Songwriter, Breakthrough Artist, Top Song, and Top Album of 2021. In addition, the awards also introduced a new category of awards for Regional Artists of the Year from five countries and regions: France, Germany, Africa, Japan, and Russia.
Apple Music features over 90 million songs from artists around the world. And the physical awards are given to honor the “extraordinary craftsmanship integral to creating music” and are designed like a huge custom silicon wafer framed in a polished sheet of glass and anodized aluminum body. “In a symbolic gesture, the same chips that power the devices that put the world’s music at listener’s fingertips sit at the very heart of the Apple Music Awards.”
Apple Music Awards honor artists for their influence on global culture
The winners of Apple Music Awards are chosen by Apple Music’s editorial perspective and subscribers most listened to songs.
- Global Artist of the Year: The Weeknd for his successful “After Hours” album and hit “Blinding Lights” single.
- Breakthrough Artist of the Year, Album of the Year, and Song of the Year: Olivia Rodrigo for her single “drivers license,” and debut album “SOUR”.
- Songwriter of the Year: H.E.R for “Back of My Mind” album and singles “Damage” and “Come Through”.
- Artist of the Year (Africa): WizKid
- Artist of the Year (France): Aya Nakamura
- Artist of the Year (Germany): RIN
- Artist of the Year (Japan): OFFICIAL HIGE DANDISM
- Artist of the Year (Russia): Scriptonite
The celebration of Apple Music Awards celebration will kick off on Tuesday, December 7, 2021, with exclusive interviews, original content, and more on Apple Music and the Apple TV app. Oliver Schusser, Apple’s vice president of Apple Music and Beats said:
“The past 12 months have proved to be a remarkable year for music, and we’re thrilled to honor the artists who are shaping culture and connecting with fans around the world on Apple Music. This year we’re also recognizing more regional artists, showing the world the impact of extraordinary talented musicians who are making waves globally.”
- Apple France opens Apple Music radio studio in Paris to celebrate its 40th anniversary in France
- Apple rolls out 250+ new Apple Music mood and activity playlists
- Apple announces new Apple Music Voice Plan powered by Siri, coming later this year
- How to limit the amount of cellular data Apple Music uses on iPhone
- How to add any Apple Music song to Photos Memories