Mobile gamers rejoice! Your favorite hangout just got a major makeover. On December 5th, Discord rolled out a completely redesigned mobile app for iOS and Android.
The new app for mobile features a redesigned user interface, improved performance, and much more.
Discord app for iOS is sleeker, faster, and tailored for your thumbs
Gone are the days of clunky navigation and laggy performance. The redesigned Discord app is all about intuitive swipes, lightning-fast loading, and a look that’s as easy on the eyes as it is on your fingers.
Everything new in the Discord app for iOS
So, whether you’re a seasoned Discord veteran or just dipping your toes in the community waters, this new app is an absolute win. It’s faster, and smoother, and feels like Discord finally gets what it means to be mobile.
- Navigation Nirvana: Remember that frantic hunt for servers and messages? Ditch the map, because the new bottom navigation bar puts everything you need right where your thumb lands. Servers, chats, notifications, and your profile – it’s all just a tap away.
- Speed Demon: The new app opens 55% faster on Android and 43% faster on iOS. That’s like, the time it takes to say “GG” before the victory screen even pops up. And for Android users, say goodbye to those annoying crashes – the app keeps your precious chats cached for instant access.
- Interface Makeover: Discord ditched the cluttered look for a clean, modern aesthetic that’s oh-so-easy to navigate. Think bigger buttons, clearer text, and a focus on making everything intuitive for your touchscreen taps.
- Mobile Independence: This ain’t your mama’s Discord app. This is a mobile-first experience, built from the ground up for the way we use our phones. No more squinting at desktop features crammed onto a tiny screen. This app speaks fluent mobile.
- Bonus Bling: The party doesn’t stop there. Discord threw in a dark mode for late-night chats, a search bar in your profile for settings ninja moves, and the ability to view more images at once. Because let’s face it, who wants to swipe through a million pictures one by one?