MyOS’ is a new cool tweak that has been just launched on Cydia via the BigBoss repo. It easily allows users to enable / disable native iOS 4.0 features easily via settings menu through simple toggles. Before this, it was required to SSH into the iOS device and make some tedious .plist changes to achieve what ‘MyOS’ seems to have brought to our fingertips for a mere $0.99 through the Cydia store. Complete features of ‘MyOS’ for iPhone 3G / 3GS, iPhone 4 & iPod Touch are give below:
“Easily enable and disable features on your device straight from Settings without having to edit a plist
(Requires iOS 4.0)
Toggle one or more features and then press the Respring button.
By default, only the default features for your platform are enabled as of version 1.0.1.”
‘MyOS’ allows you to enable / disable the following features:
– Multitasking – Gives you the user the option to turn Apples native multitasking feature on and off at will.
– Homescreen Wallpapers – The ability to enable and disable Apples own implementation of backgrounds in SpringBoard on and off.
– Unified iPod – Whether you like iPod.app on your iPod Touch or having Music.app and Video.app on your iPhone, this gives you the choice.
– AppStore – Don’t like what the official AppStore has to offer, or want to prevent people from using it? this gives the ability to turn off the AppStore.
– Contacts (iPhone models only) – Stand-alone contacts make no sense when you have the Address Book in Phone.app? using this option you can turn it off.
– HDR (Requires hardware camera) – Enable HDR on unsupported devices or disable it from your iPhone 4, the decision is yours.
– Game Center (iPhone 3G only) – Enable GameCenter on your iPhone 3G.
– Camera.app (Requires hardware camera) – Disable the camera on your device.
– Voice Control (Voice control capable devices only) – Disable Voice Control on all supported devices.
Share your experience with ‘MyOS’ in our comments section below.