On Windows 11, users can enable an early preview of Copilot in Microsoft OneNote. Copilot is the new AI chatbot that is designed for Office apps and other products from Microsoft. It appears in the sidebar of Office apps, which will work much like an assistant to help users generate content for documents, emails, presentations, and more.
In OneNote, Copilot will help you create content, including text, pages, and more. You can also ask Copilot to do virtually anything, including things like creating a list, summarizing notes, recalling information, generating ideas, and more. Copilot can also be enabled for Excel.
As of now, it is unclear when Copilot will arrive to everyone, however, XenoPanther on Twitter has spotted an early preview of the feature hidden in the OneNote Preview, which you can enable through the Registry. In this guide, we will show you how to enable the new Copilot on Microsoft OneNote.
Here is how to enable Copilot in Microsoft OneNote
- Open Start > search for Registry Editor > click the Open button.
- Navigate to the following path: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\ExperimentConfigs\ExternalFeatureOverrides\onenote
- Right-click the OneNote key, select the New menu > select the String Value option.
- Name the key: Microsoft.Office.OneNote.Copilot > press Enter on the keyboard.
- Double-click the newly created key > set its value to true to enable Copilot > click the OK button.
- Restart the computer.
- When done, the Microsoft OneNote app should now open with a preview of the Copilot experience.
- How to change the new Outlook app theme on Windows 11
- How to enable the new ‘Split window’ on Microsoft Edge
- How to quickly turn Instagram Stories into Reels on iOS
- How to create Instagram Stories with music, GIFs, stickers, effects, and more
- How to enable new UI Refresh 2023 on Chrome in Windows 11
- How to install tvOS 16.5 beta on Apple TV
- How to add Gmail account to new Outlook app on Windows 11