For creators and public figures, the Facebook Pages experience has been redesigned. The changes include a new layout, dedicated News Feed, no ‘Like’ button, and more. Facebook announced that the design changes are made to make it easy for the users to run their Pages and “to build community and achieve their business objectives.” The company says that the new Pages will be rolled out in the upcoming months.
Facebook Pages are public profiles of creators, influencers, artists, celebrities, businesses, organizations, publishers, and other public figures to connect with their fans and reach out to new followers. However, the new Pages will not have the ‘Like’ button which was previously used to measure their reach by displaying the number of followers and for users to get updates of the liked Facebook Pages in their News Feed.
New Facebook Pages experience for creators and public figures
Facebook details all the changes coming to Pages experience on the platform.
- Redesigned layout and easy navigation- The new UI design will show Page’s bio, posts, and other information in a simple format, and the simpler and more intuitive design will make it easier for Page owners to navigate between personal and public profiles.
- Dedicated News Feed – For the first time, News Feed is introduced for Pages so that Page owners can “discover and join conversations, follow trends, interact with peers, and engage with fans.” The new section will also suggest other Pages, public figures, and trends. To increase the reach and visibility of Pages, Pages conversations will appear on top of followers’ News Feeds and people will be able to follow Pages directly from the comments and recommendation posts.
- Focus on Page Followers– the ‘Like’ button from Facebook Pages UI to focus on the number of followers only and not the number of likes.
We are removing Likes and focusing on Followers to simplify the way people connect with their favorite Pages. Unlike Likes, Followers of a Page represent the people who can receive updates from Pages, which helps give public figures a stronger indication of their fan base.
- Updated task-based admin controls – new management features allow Page admin to either give full or task-based access to members to oversee tasks like “Insights, Ads, Content, and Community Activity & Messages.” The platform believes that new task-based access “will also ensure account safety and integrity.”
- Actionable insights “and more relevant notifications”
- Safety and integrity features include improved detection of “hate speech, violent, sexual or spammy content and impersonation” on the platform. The verified badge will be more visible and the comments of verified Pages may appear higher in the comments section.
- New WhatsApp privacy update will allow app to share user data with Facebook
- Facebook expresses “no choice” but to accept upcoming ATT privacy update in iOS 14