Google has announced new widgets for its apps coming to iOS 16 Lock Screen for users to quickly access the information they need and customize their Lock Screens like Gmail, Maps, Chrome, and others.
Apple has released the new iOS 16 update to the public which includes the highly anticipated interactive Lock Screen experience. In addition to customization options to set the font and text of time and date, users can also set widgets on the new Lock Screen to view important data at a glance and access it with a single tap.
Here are all the new Google apps widgets coming to iOS 16 in the coming weeks
Optimizing its apps for the new iOS 16 Lock Screen, Google will be rolling out new widgets for Gmail, Maps, Search and others in the coming weeks. Here are all the new Google apps’ iOS 16 Lock Screen widgets:
- Search widget can be configured to initiate a search with voice or camera.
- Maps Frequent Trips widget will offer traffic updates and estimated travel times in real-time. Users will able be able to find shops, restaurants, or other spots through the new widget.
- Gmail’s Lock Screen widget will display the latest emails and update the number of new messages in the inbox automatically. It can also be customized to show inbox categories like updates or social.
- Google News widget will show headlines in real time. To read an interesting article, users will have to tap on it.
- Four new Chrome widgets will allow users to launch the Chrome browser, start searching with voice, open the browser in incognito mode or play the dino game with a single tap.
- Drive widgets include suggest Drive files or starred files and folders.
Your Lock Screen is the first thing you see when you pick up your phone, and Lock Screen widgets for lots of Google apps are on the way. You’ll be able to unlock your device to access your favorite Google features in just one tap — and even see some updates right on your Lock Screen. – Google