Google is rumored to be working on a new AI assistant called “Pixie” for Pixel devices, with a potential debut alongside the Pixel 9 series in fall 2024.
Pixie is expected to leverage data from Google apps and services on the user’s Pixel
According to The Information, Google is taking a bold step with Pixie, aiming to create an AI assistant tailored specifically for Pixel users. Here’s what we know so far:
- Pixie is expected to be a Pixel-only feature, unlike Google Assistant which is widely available. This indicates a deep integration with Pixel hardware and software, potentially making it more responsive and aware of your phone usage.
- The Information highlights Pixie’s ability to leverage data from your Pixel apps and services, offering a truly personalized experience. Imagine reminders based on your Gmail schedule or music recommendations based on your YouTube Music habits.
- To ensure faster response times and potentially address privacy concerns, rumors suggest Pixie will primarily run on your Pixel’s Tensor chip, minimizing reliance on the cloud.
- While details remain under wraps, The Information hints at functionalities beyond what Google Assistant currently offers. This could include proactive assistance, context-aware interactions, and even integration with future AR/VR devices.
Fall 2024 release:
- While not officially confirmed, Fall 2024 seems like the likely timeframe for Pixie’s debut alongside the Pixel 9 series.
It’s important to note that details like the exact features, name, and release date are still speculative. We’ll have to wait for Google’s official announcement to know what Pixie can do.
The Information‘s report paints a picture of a potentially revolutionary AI assistant, exclusive to Pixel users and offering a deeply personalized experience. While uncertainties remain, it’s clear that Google is aiming to push the boundaries of AI assistants with Pixie. If successful, it could be a game-changer for Pixel users and the AI assistant landscape overall.