Roblox is the new gaming platform that is now compatible with Apple Silicon. This means owners of Apple Silicon Macs can enjoy a fully optimized gaming and creation experience on the app.
Formed by its community of players, Roblox is an online gaming platform that allows users to play millions of games and lets them create and share their own games on the platform.
In the announcement post, Roblox CEO and game designer William Gallegos shared the links to download the new installers for players and creators and said that the Studio’s performance on the Apple Silicon was “honestly very noticeable”.
- To get the Roblox for Apple Silicon Mac click here.
- To get the Roblox Studio for Apple Silicon Macs, use the Roblox mobile UI to launch this browser version.
However, the links shared above are not working for all users. If you are experiencing an issue with installing the fully native version of the app on your Apple Silicon Mac, then continue to read ahead.
Having trouble installing Roblox for Apple Silicon, try these fixes
After users reported issues with downloading the new installer, the company published a new “Mac: Troubleshooting” document which provides additional information on Roblox compatibility with Apple Silicon and fixes for the issue like installing and reinstalling the program, restarting the computer and trying other things when those do not work
Here are the “other” suggested fixes:
- Roblox Application will install on 10.10 (Yosemite) and higher whereas the Roblox Studio will install on Mac OS 10.13 (High Sierra) and above.
- Currently, we support Apple Silicon / M1 chips.
- If you are currently using the Safari web browser and having an issue, try using one of our supported browsers such as Firefox or Google Chrome.
- Check to make sure that the Roblox icon is currently on your Dock and the Roblox Application is showing in your Applications folder.
- Try launching the program from the Dock if you’re having a problem playing an experience from the website.
- Try fully resetting your Roblox settings by deleting the settings files. To do this go to Library->Preferences and delete all of the Roblox com files. When Studio/Player are launched again, it should reinstall them all.