Many of you would be familiar with the term tethering, the process which allows you to use your mobile phone as a modem for your laptop or PC. Recently, more and more people have expressed interest in utilizing the tethering capabilities of their smartphone. We’ve listed the steps that will enable you to use Nokia N900 as a modem for your Mac. The steps are easy to follow and can be carried out in a matter of minutes.
How to use Nokia N900 as a Modem for Mac
- Connect Nokia N900 to your Mac machine via USB cable
- A pop-up will show on your N900 screen, select Nokia PC Suite mode.
- Mac Network setting will show up, enter *99# as telephone number
- Select the advanced button, go to Modern Tab
- From the model drop down, select GPRS(GSM/3G)
- Enter epc.tmobile.com (for T-Mobile) as the APN (Use the APN provided by your cell phone carrier)
- Leave all the other options unchanged
- Click Connect to connect to the Internet.
You will be prompted to save these settings. Save these settings and assign them a unique and descriptive name.
You could also do this via Bluetooth, but the Nokia’s Internet Tablet battery power will drain out quickly. So using the USB option would be a smart thing to do as it will charge your Phone while you surf the Internet
Nokia N900 which was originally scheduled to be launched in late part of October will now be released in November.