Apple’s native video creating app ‘iMovie’ has been updated with two brand-new types of video projects and several new features. The new changes are designed to enhance users’ video editing experience with new transitions, styles, storyboards, and much more.
Here is everything new in iMovie on iOS
Taking advantage of the latest iOS 15 software and iPhone 13 technology, Apple introduced support for Cinematic mode video clips previously, and now it has added more capabilities. The release notes read:
- Get started, learn, and be inspired by two brand-new types of video projects: Magic Movie and Storyboards
- Create a Magic Movie to instantly make and share custom videos with titles, transitions, and music in just a few taps
- Select an album of photos and videos, and Magic Movie will create a polished video using your media
- Start with a Storyboard project to improve your storytelling skills using a template that guides you through the video-making process
- Choose from 20 Storyboards for common video projects like Cooking, DIY, Q&A, Product Review, and Book Report
- Customize and organize your storyboard video by adding, reordering, and grouping shots within the flexible shot list
- Learn different types of video framing and storytelling techniques with the shot tips provided in each type of storyboard
- Record video or take photos right into each Storyboard placeholder clip, or add media from your Photos library
- Enhance your Magic Movie or Storyboard video with 20 dynamic styles that include title layouts, fonts, filters, color palettes, and music
- Go further by editing clips with tools like trim, split, and clip speed
- Apply title treatments, record voiceover narration, or adjust the depth-of-field effect in Cinematic mode video clips* to further customize your videos. Requires iPhone 13, iPad mini (6th generation), iPad Pro 11-inch or iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation or later).
- Import Magic Movie and Storyboard projects into a timeline in iMovie for Mac or Final Cut Pro** to take your project further. Requires Mac version 10.3.2 or Final Cut Pro version 10.6.2
- Save Magic Movie and Storyboard videos to your Photos library, send to friends and family via Messages or Mail, or share with your followers on social media
iMovie is available on App Store for free. It is compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch and requires iOS 15.3 or later.